Trial Lawyer & Mediator
Over a 30+ year career, Susan Harrison has extensive courtroom/trial skills and experience in civil litigation.
- Lead or sole counsel in numerous jury and non-jury trials covering a broad range of legal matters.
- Successful verdicts in complex large and medium scale litigation in federal and state courts and arbitrations.
- A reputation for conducting agile yet flexible negotiations leading to reasonable compromise and resolution.
Large Firm Experience
Parker Milliken (Downtown L.A.) – business litigation, labor & employment matters
Fried, King & Holmes (Century City)- Partner, focused on business, real estate, banking and trust clientele
Russ, August & Kabat (West Side) – Partner, focused on intellectual property, real estate, business and trust matters
Carlsmith Ball (Hawaii) – focused on civil business litigation including real property, corporate, trust matters and labor issues
Education & Credentials
JD, University of California
Hastings College of Law, 1982
BA, cum laude,
Claremont McKenna College, 1979
Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate
Pepperdine University Institute for Dispute Resolution, 1996
Organizations & Activities
- Member and Note Editor, Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly, 1980-82
- Judicial Extern to California Supreme Court Justice Allen Broussard, 1981-82
- Member, Board of Directors, West Hawaii Mediation Service, 1998-99
- Member, State Bar of California, since 1982
- Member, State Bar of Hawaii, since 1992
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, West Hawaii Bar Association